texas' dc Carl Reese resigns

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TravisCoTiger, Jan 7, 2004.

1. TravisCoTiger

TravisCoTiger Founding Member

Normally,I don't wish unemployment on anyone,but in this case I might make an exception! Living in Austin for almost six years now,I recalled Reese being quoted as saying upon his hiring that the reason he left LSU for texas was that he felt he had a better shot at a national title. Well,it's five years later,and STILL no national titles at ut MUCH LESS A CONFERENCE TITLE!!! Congratulations "bull" :

2. DJ

DJ Founding Member

To be fair, Reese was at LSU under DiNardo, and it was reasonable for him to believe that he had a better chance to win a MNC at Texas with Mack Brown than at LSU under Sweaty.

LSU was very much on Reese's mind. He gave LSU some props in his press conference. He even referred to the irony that he came to Texas from LSU to win a national championship and that LSU had just done so. He praised LSU's fans, and said that any coach EXCEPT Nick Saban would be interested in coaching at Texas.

3. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I've always liked Reese and thought he did a good job at LSU. You can't fault anyone for leaving LSU during the 90s.

4. LSUDAN

LSUDAN Founding Member

I believe Reese left because...

Gerry Dinardo had an ego problem. He couldn't except the fact that the whole reason for his sucess the first 3 years was because of Carl Reese and Moris Watts.

5. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Reese did a good job at LSU and many mourned his leaving the Tigers for UT. He's one of the good guys. I think it better he moved on than wait on the Macktanic to sink and go down with it. I wish him the best.
    :geaux: