There goes another one!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hou-duco, Dec 8, 2021.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

When my ship came in, I was at the bus station.

kcal, furduknfish and shane0911 like this.
  2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

We will finish in the top 10, book it. All we need to do to do that is sign the uncommitted players in Louisiana that were already committed to us before.
    It is binding, you can't switch after signing next week.

mctiger and shane0911 like this.
  3. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

I was going to say the same, but do not know all the ins & outs of the transfer portal. I would assume that you cannot enter the portal until you enroll. But could you enroll then immediately try to transfer?

4. MobileBengal

Yeah, I'm not an expert on how transfers work, either. But I do know you only get one free (immediate eligibility) transfer, so I think it's unlikely for a player to transfer twice that close together.

shane0911 likes this.
  5. MobileBengal

Looking at the 247 class calculator, if we sign the following Louisiana guys that are favored to sign with us, and keep the ones we have, it will put us right at 278 points.

Jacoby Matthews
    Shazz Preston
    Kendrick Law
    Quency Wiggins
    Trevonte Citizen
    Austin Ausberry
    Decoldest Crawford

278 points would have been good for 9th last year, and 7th the year before. I don't know that we will get all those guys, just trying to illustrate that we can close the gap quickly. And of course, it's not all about points, you need bodies, and that would only put us at 18 commits. Even with just a few of those guys and some lower rated bodies, as long as we address some needs (OL, LB, QB), it can be an effective class. At every other position, we have good young players that can help bridge the gap in this years class, if there is one.

ROY_LA_CA, LSUTiga, mctiger and 2 others like this.