Why was Saban mediocre here?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Perple, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Also, certain roads have been converted to contraflow for a long time. Burbank & Highland have been contraflow after the games for years. Problem is, if you need to leave the Alex Box area and do something like turn left on Nicholson, tough shit. You have to go all the way to fucking Kenilworth then to Perkins before you can even turn in that general direction. You can't even get to River Road from there anymore. Like I said, this would be great if we were evacuating the city.

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I haven't been to a game in a while, but I thought they did contraflow. With limited options you're gonna piss people off, but I don't know how it is currently set up and if it can be improved on. It would be interesting to look at. Do you know if they have the contraflow plan online?

Football season is one reason I wouldn't want to live around LSU - I had family members who simply couldn't get home after a game.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

The best thing they could do for after game traffic is send BRPD home at halftime. I support law enforcement, but ive never seen a more confused bunch trying to direct traffic in all my life. Pick any drunk out of the game day crowd and he/she could do better.

Winston1 likes this.
  4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

They have Contraflow now in certain areas. I have no problem getting out after a game. I always stay till the end of the game, stop by a tailgate party. Once I get in my truck, its usually a straight shot home.

Oh, how did this topic get on traffic?

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The cops are not consistent from game to game. I know exactly the best way out to my side of campus based on how they usually route the traffic. But they change it spontaneously and will route you somewhere stupid. If traffic backs up a little bit some cop will start sending people on a left turn that clears his intersection but just takes you to another traffic mess not expecting you. Then people start pulling U-turns to get back where they need to go and the whole situation snowballs.

They should make a traffic plan and stick to it and never allow an officer to just wing it as he sees fit.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

We used to park way the F down river road and by the time we got to the vehicle traffic was fine. I like that walk, unless we lose but check this out, only been to 1 LSU game that was a loss and it was to Tennessee in the 90's. every other time LSU was victorious.

7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

are you ever coming back to FSAo_O

8. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

I park at the capitol and take my bike down the levee path. Ten to fifteen minute ride, tops, and I can pull my bike right up to the gates and lock it up. I've also taken a shuttle, which really isn't all that bad, if you don't mind being confined to a schedule.

9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Beats the original topic....

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Not likely. With martin, SabanFan, Sourdough, and Okie gone FSA is not much fun. The idiot to amigo ratio is just too high. I'm evaluating other political debate boards possessing more intellect, more amusement and less personal belligerence. Life is short and I want to have more fun.

However my buds are welcome to engage me in personal conversations anytime, amigo . . . solo or ensemble.

gyver and Contained Chaos like this.